Monday, May 6, 2013

Brody´s Ghost video - part IV


Here are the links for the other posts in the Brody´s Ghost video series:



There are three more characters that will be entering the video at this point. And I plan to deal with all of them in this post.

First one is called Ran and my plan for him is to jump in the scene from above and turn during the falling. To make it a little more interesting. I mean make the drawing interesting, not necessarily the video.

Here is the picture of my plan, the part previous to the frame one will be rendered by computer as vertical fall with no change in shape. Just like before, for example with Kyo in part III.


This time, I have drawn the action on 10 frames, which turned out to look fine, so I think I´ll keep it that way.

The next character is called Chi and he is supposed to be known for his intelligence. Intelligent people don´t rush when it´s not necessary, so he will simply walk into the scene from the right side. I´ve read somewhere that normal walk is usually 2 steps per second, so I used that information and it worked. And it´s not exciting enough to be shown here I think.

The last character is a little more interesting. Its name is Gi and it looks like a ball. So I´ve decided it will arrive by jumping to the scene from behind one of the characters that are already there, bounce a little and then settle down. The picture below shows what I mean.


This one was fun to draw, I´ve started by drawing him as a ball, that bounces (I keep reading everywhere that bouncing ball is essential for people who start with animation, so here we go, I finally got to it). When I was satisfied with the movement of the ball, I added the parts that make this character look as it should.

3 comments:

  1. It was one of the interesting fact that guides a lot of animators to adopt some thing new for better results. I would like to appreciate the information you have shared. Thank you so much for the results. 2d animation video

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment! I'm glad you liked the blog post.

    ReplyDelete